Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Penny University

Before heading to City Plaza with my sister and all her other bridesmaid one weekend, we hop by Penny University. Finally to a cafe at the east! We were really lucky to get a table for 3 upon stepping into the cafe because we saw constant crowd pouring into the fully-packed cafe shortly after. It was such a hot afternoon, but that didn't stop people from taking up the outdoor seat.




this was taken when we were leaving and the cafe was filled to the brim


The vintage-looking cash register left such a great impression on me. While listening to our orders, the lady at the cashier started tapping at the "register" and I thought it was a real functional one... ... Until I notice the Ipad behind the register. We ordered Latte and Mocha, some sandwiches and of course, some sweet stuffs to end the meal. It is difficult to walk pass the cake display without wanting to order a few to try. My sister and I love the Strawberry Lemon Tart because anything sour and sweet is a sure winner. The Millionaire Shortbread didn't fare well for me, but it is a bias comment because I do not like caramel.













I might only visit again if I am around the vicinity to try the other cakes though the crowd can be quite a turn-off.

Penny University
402 East Coast Road

Tue - Thu: 08:30 - 18:00
Fri: 08:30 - 21:30
Sat - Sun: 08:30 - 22:30

No comments:

Post a Comment